Near-Mint. One finish ding on back of guitar.The pre-war time-period of American flattop guitar making is known as the "golden era" for a reason. Praised for brilliant periods of construction innovation, the years from 1930-1942 were filled with new instrument runs that featured bracing, fret access and body dimension changes that would define the features and sounds of the modern acoustic guitar. Taking cues from this era of guitar making history, Collings is proud to introduce the CJ35 with a mahogany back and slope-shouldered body, this new variation of the "standard" CJ model incorporates a non-scalloped bracing configuration featuring three tone bars and a short 24 7/8" scale length. This new design provides the CJ35 with a beautiful balance of deep piano-like bass and powerful full-bodied highs, complimented by a focused dynamic range for exceptionally even note projection. As a result, the CJ35 is one of Collings most versatile large-bodied guitars, well suited to both finger style and strumming techniques. You don't see this guitar used very often!
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Simple ivoroid rosette
- Ivoroid top/back binding
- 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war non-scalloped Adirondack bracing with 3 tone bars
- Abbreviated tongue brace
- Tigerstripe celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
- African rosewood fingerboard with straight-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Vintage-inspired neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/4" Bone nut and cutthrough saddle
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ivoroid bridge pins and ebony end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with ivoroid buttons & 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 20 1/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length: 41"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 3/4"