Collings 290 Faded Crimson 12989
The Collings 290 slab body shape has alot in common with the Junior an Special body shapes from the late 60's. The Collings 290 builds on that tradition and brings the ideas started then into the 21st century. On the surface the "simple set up of a Slab Mahogany body paired with two Jason Lollar hand-wound P90 pickups might given the impression that this guitar is a one trick pony. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The guitar can cover alot of blues and rock ground all the while retaining good definition. This Collings 290 is finished in Faded Crimson nitrocellulose lacquer. Serial Number 12989.
- Solid Honduran Mahogany Body
- High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- East Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
- Ebony Peghead Veneer
- Grained Ivoroid Dot Fingerboard Inlays
- Black Top Hat Knobs
- Custom P90-style Pickups by Jason Lollar
- Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- 50's Style Wiring
- 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Gotoh SG301 Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Body Length: 17"
- Body Depth: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16